Sunday, October 3, 2010

Windy's Hat

Last night, my good friend Windy came over to stitch n bitch with me. We had so much fun! Anyway, she liked one of the hats I had made recently so I thought I would 1.) share it with all of you, and 2.) name it after her. I think she'll be pleased.






Windy's Hat

Materials:
2.5 oz ww yarn (sorry I didn't weigh each color individually, but you could make it all one color)
J hook (or I hook as I tend to crochet pretty tightly)
stitch markers

Notes: this hat is made seamlessly (until the brim) so be sure to mark your stitches, if necessary.

Super basic hat pattern:
Round 1: Ch 4, 11 dc in 4th ch from hk (12 dc)
Round 2: *2dc in each st around (24 dc)
Round 3: *2dc, dc. Repeat from * around. (36 dc)
Round 4: *2dc, dc 2. Repeat from * around. (48 dc)
Round 5: *2dc, dc 3. Repeat from * around. (60 dc)
Round 6: dc in each st around until hat reaches approx. 6" in length. If changing color, do so now. If not just sl st to join and continue on with brim.

Brim pattern:
Turn hat inside out. You will be working with wrong side facing you (see pic).









Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc 2, fpdc 2, *dc 3, fpdc 2. Repeat from * around. Sl st to top of ch 3 to join.
Round 2: Repeat Round 1 until brim reaches approx 3" in length. Fasten off and weave in ends. Turn hat right side out, fold up brim and you are done!

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for dedicating this pattern to me. I am so honored! This beanie is really awesome! Damn your talented! You ROCK!

    Had a blast last night.Can't wait to get together for some more yarn lovin' fun.

    See you soon my friend!

    Wind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy - The hat looks great - love the look of the BRIM. I am new to crocheting and I am stuck on your pattern; the BRIM. Is it possible to post some pics or video of what the the hat looks like going from Round 6 to Brim round 1 and 2. Would appreciate it.
    LBO216

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello LBO216! I am so sorry I can't get to making a video at the moment, and someone else has the hat now...so let's see if I can still be of some help to you. :)

    Once the main body of the hat is done, sl st to join last round and turn the hat inside out. If you are changing color, join your new yarn at any stitch and follow the directions for BRIM. You will be working your new stitches into the last row of the main body, as usual, it's just that you will be working with the backs of those stitches facing you.

    Does this help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u. Hopefully, I will have time tomorrow to finish it and I will let u know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I completed it and it looks great! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this pattern! Thank-you so much for it. I made hats to donate to the local homeless veteran women's shelter, and the ladies loved them as much as I did making them!

    ReplyDelete